Lindt hires Roger Federer as first celebrity ambassador
LONDON - Premium chocolate brand Lindt & Sprungli has signed up Wimbledon tennis champion Roger Federer as a global brand ambassador.
Lindt has refused to disclose the amount it has paid but it is believed Federer has been signed up to appear in the company’s 'Maitres Chocolatiers' TV campaign.
The tennis player, who is the first celebrity to represent Lindt in its 160-year history, is also expected to appear in a print and promotional campaign for Lindt's Les Grande chocolates.
According to a report by Adweek the Les Grande campaign will be based around the chocolate containing a higher percentage of nuts than any other chocolate.
The ad campaigns will also link into Federer's charity The Roger Federer Foundation, which funds education in underdeveloped areas of the world.
Speaking about the deal, Federer said: "I am Swiss by birth, and since my childhood, I have always been a great fan of Lindt chocolate. I am very excited to partner with the global leader in premium chocolate and I enjoy their products and am very impressed with their plans for future growth."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London