Lindt hires Roger Federer as first celebrity ambassador
LONDON - Premium chocolate brand Lindt & Sprungli has signed up Wimbledon tennis champion Roger Federer as a global brand ambassador.
Lindt has refused to disclose the amount it has paid but it is believed Federer has been signed up to appear in the company’s 'Maitres Chocolatiers' TV campaign.
The tennis player, who is the first celebrity to represent Lindt in its 160-year history, is also expected to appear in a print and promotional campaign for Lindt's Les Grande chocolates.
According to a report by Adweek the Les Grande campaign will be based around the chocolate containing a higher percentage of nuts than any other chocolate.
The ad campaigns will also link into Federer's charity The Roger Federer Foundation, which funds education in underdeveloped areas of the world.
Speaking about the deal, Federer said: "I am Swiss by birth, and since my childhood, I have always been a great fan of Lindt chocolate. I am very excited to partner with the global leader in premium chocolate and I enjoy their products and am very impressed with their plans for future growth."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Business Development Director - Design Branding and Integrated - London Spectrum £70,000 - £90,000, London
- Middleweight Graphic Designer become £28-35K, Central London
- Account Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + benefits, London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London