Lindt hires Roger Federer as first celebrity ambassador
LONDON - Premium chocolate brand Lindt & Sprungli has signed up Wimbledon tennis champion Roger Federer as a global brand ambassador.
Lindt has refused to disclose the amount it has paid but it is believed Federer has been signed up to appear in the company’s 'Maitres Chocolatiers' TV campaign.
The tennis player, who is the first celebrity to represent Lindt in its 160-year history, is also expected to appear in a print and promotional campaign for Lindt's Les Grande chocolates.
According to a report by Adweek the Les Grande campaign will be based around the chocolate containing a higher percentage of nuts than any other chocolate.
The ad campaigns will also link into Federer's charity The Roger Federer Foundation, which funds education in underdeveloped areas of the world.
Speaking about the deal, Federer said: "I am Swiss by birth, and since my childhood, I have always been a great fan of Lindt chocolate. I am very excited to partner with the global leader in premium chocolate and I enjoy their products and am very impressed with their plans for future growth."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London