Nintendo to tap into rugby fanbase at Twickenham
LONDON - Nintendo UK and the Rugby Football Union have formed a one-year commercial partnership, bringing the gaming brand to Twickenham Stadium.
The partnership, set to run until September 2010, will give Nintendo a presence at key rugby events over the year at Twickenham, including The Investec Challenge Series matches (England versus Australia, Argentina and New Zealand), The Nomura Varsity Match, The RBS 6 Nations, The Emirates Airline London Sevens and the England versus Barbarians match.
Key Nintendo titles such as Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit Plus will be promoted through an integrated marketing campaign across perimeter signage, CRM, big screen advertising, pitch side competitions and consumer sampling, as well as creative animations on the scoreboards.
David Yarnton, general manager at Nintendo UK, said: "Working alongside the RFU is a great opportunity for us to target and talk to a family audience, not just through traditional advertising methods but through more experiential, hands on approach through product sampling and our interactive Nintendo Zones."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London