Nintendo to tap into rugby fanbase at Twickenham
LONDON - Nintendo UK and the Rugby Football Union have formed a one-year commercial partnership, bringing the gaming brand to Twickenham Stadium.
The partnership, set to run until September 2010, will give Nintendo a presence at key rugby events over the year at Twickenham, including The Investec Challenge Series matches (England versus Australia, Argentina and New Zealand), The Nomura Varsity Match, The RBS 6 Nations, The Emirates Airline London Sevens and the England versus Barbarians match.
Key Nintendo titles such as Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit Plus will be promoted through an integrated marketing campaign across perimeter signage, CRM, big screen advertising, pitch side competitions and consumer sampling, as well as creative animations on the scoreboards.
David Yarnton, general manager at Nintendo UK, said: "Working alongside the RFU is a great opportunity for us to target and talk to a family audience, not just through traditional advertising methods but through more experiential, hands on approach through product sampling and our interactive Nintendo Zones."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire