Add pizza to your monthly phone bill with Pizza Hut delivery app
LONDON - Pizza Hut has teamed up with Vodafone to launch a delivery application for the mobile network's new 360 H1 phone that allows customers to order pizza and pay for it on their monthly phone bill.
The app will allow customers to order a pizza from any Pizza Hut delivery store via their mobile phone.
Vodafone's location-based service will identify the nearest Pizza Hut delivery store to the customer's location.
Customers will not have to pay upon delivery, they can add the cost of their order to their monthly phone bill. The service is also available to pay-as-you-go customers.
Orders are capped at £30 but Pizza Hut is offering a 20% discount for orders made using this application.
Scott Muncaster, marketing manager of digital at Pizza Hut, said: "We are always looking at new and innovative ways to communicate to our customers and the world of mobile technology is an exciting area to do this.
"This application is the first of its kind in the market and what is really appealing to customers, is you don't have to worry about having cash on you as it adds the cost to your mobile phone bill."
The partnership was initiated for Pizza Hut by Starcom and Yahoo!. The application is likely to be rolled out across a wider range of handsets after an initial trial period.
Pizza Hut launched an iPhone app in the US over three months ago and it has already been downloaded by almost one million customers.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire