No more letters to Santa, put your Christmas wish list on Facebook
LONDON - Brazen gift demanders will be able to post their Christmas wish lists not just to Santa c/o the North Pole but to their friends and family on social networks as part of a new Christmas shopping campaign.
Online fashion aggregator ShopStyle.co.uk is inviting shoppers to select the gifts they would like to receive as Christmas gifts, from a selection of around 2,000 items.
The list of desired fashion, bags, shoes and cosmetics can then be published on the shopper's Facebook profile or Twitter feed, or even sent via email to friends and family.
Would-be gift givers can click through and be taken directly to the relevant fashion retailer to make the purchase.
It is ShopStyle's first Christmas campaign and adds to the site's existing social media applications. The website said it would also allow fashion brands to see what is going to be popular this season.
Shannon Edwards, European director of ShopStyle, said: "We wanted to do something different for our first Christmas campaign. Instead of adopting a traditional marketing tactic, we created a tool which taps into our social media heritage.
"This tool will not only be useful to our users but will also enable peer to peer communication, which is crucial for the brands and stores we work with, at this time of year."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Project Manager - £45-50K Source £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing Blemain Group Competitive plus bonus and benefits, North West
- Digital Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Analyst Better Placed Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, East London