No more letters to Santa, put your Christmas wish list on Facebook
LONDON - Brazen gift demanders will be able to post their Christmas wish lists not just to Santa c/o the North Pole but to their friends and family on social networks as part of a new Christmas shopping campaign.
Online fashion aggregator ShopStyle.co.uk is inviting shoppers to select the gifts they would like to receive as Christmas gifts, from a selection of around 2,000 items.
The list of desired fashion, bags, shoes and cosmetics can then be published on the shopper's Facebook profile or Twitter feed, or even sent via email to friends and family.
Would-be gift givers can click through and be taken directly to the relevant fashion retailer to make the purchase.
It is ShopStyle's first Christmas campaign and adds to the site's existing social media applications. The website said it would also allow fashion brands to see what is going to be popular this season.
Shannon Edwards, European director of ShopStyle, said: "We wanted to do something different for our first Christmas campaign. Instead of adopting a traditional marketing tactic, we created a tool which taps into our social media heritage.
"This tool will not only be useful to our users but will also enable peer to peer communication, which is crucial for the brands and stores we work with, at this time of year."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Qualitative Research Manager - Boutique Agency Elizabeth Norman International £28000 - £45000 per annum, West London
- Digital Marketing Analyst Stopgap £30000 per annum, London
- Account Director/Client Services Director - Channel Marketing Stonor £60,000 to £75,000- dependent on experience, Central London
- Internal Communications Senior Specialist Aquent £40K pa plus, London Central