No more letters to Santa, put your Christmas wish list on Facebook
LONDON - Brazen gift demanders will be able to post their Christmas wish lists not just to Santa c/o the North Pole but to their friends and family on social networks as part of a new Christmas shopping campaign.
Online fashion aggregator ShopStyle.co.uk is inviting shoppers to select the gifts they would like to receive as Christmas gifts, from a selection of around 2,000 items.
The list of desired fashion, bags, shoes and cosmetics can then be published on the shopper's Facebook profile or Twitter feed, or even sent via email to friends and family.
Would-be gift givers can click through and be taken directly to the relevant fashion retailer to make the purchase.
It is ShopStyle's first Christmas campaign and adds to the site's existing social media applications. The website said it would also allow fashion brands to see what is going to be popular this season.
Shannon Edwards, European director of ShopStyle, said: "We wanted to do something different for our first Christmas campaign. Instead of adopting a traditional marketing tactic, we created a tool which taps into our social media heritage.
"This tool will not only be useful to our users but will also enable peer to peer communication, which is crucial for the brands and stores we work with, at this time of year."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London