IAB Engage: Brands must understand 'consumers are mobile'
LONDON - Daniel Rosen, founder and head of AKQA Mobile, told digital marketers this morning that mobile needs a role within an integrated marketing strategy, rather than operate as a separate campaign.
Speaking at today's IAB Engage conference in London, Rosen said that the best mobile campaigns are integrated with other media activity.
Rosen said: "The mobile device is pretty much the ultimate social device. Brands need to excite consumers to get their attention."
He added that "consumers are mobile" and brands need to show that they understand this.
Shaun Gregory, managing director of O2's media business, said that "mobile has limitless opportunities for brands" and from next year marketers will be able to measure their mobile campaigns through GSMA Mobile Media Metrics.
The mobile measurement service will provide brands and marketers with reporting tools and analytics on unique visitors and page impressions for example.
Gregory told the audience they must consider three things when dealing with the mobile space — "Reach, relevance and response".
He said "mobile represents a completely new mindset of thinking" and urged marketers to think creatively about mobile apps.
Gregory said: "Brands need to think about how to find, support and drive apps, not just develop them in isolation".
"Marketers need to go beyond the banner, use different formats such as MMS, ads in mobile games and so on. Customers love all those different formats and what you can deliver through them.
"The opportunity is here right now and it's about whether you marketers are ready to seize it."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London