Jordan quits 'I'm a Celeb' after run of Bush Tucker Trials
LONDON - Katie Price has quit ITV1 hit show 'I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!' after being voted by the public to undertake an unprecedented seven 'Bush Tucker Trials', during which she had to attempt feats such as eating fish eyes and being stung by ants.
News of her departure came this morning, after she was voted for the public to complete a seventh trial by the show's viewers. She leaves on the same day that live voting begins, where the audience votes for the contestants that they want to keep in the jungle.
Price is said to have wanted to return to the jungle as part of a public relations offensive to win support after her bitter divorce from singer Peter Andre, whom she met when she first appeared on 'I'm a Celebrity' in 2004. She is the first person to be allowed to take part in two series of the show, and had negotiated a fee reportedly in the region of £350,000.
She is the second celebrity to quit, with 'Strictly Come Dancing' star Camilla Dallerup leaving the jungle after just three days complaining about hunger and lack of sleep. She was replaced by boxer Joe Bugner.
In its ninth series, 'I'm a Celebrity' is proving a ratings winner for ITV1. On Saturday night an average audience of 9.9 million tuned in to watch, giving the show a 41% share of the audience.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Integrated Designer (Marketing) Premier Media £35,000 pa, Central London