Innocent reunites St Winifred's School Choir for Grandma remake
LONDON - Smoothie drinks brand Innocent is making its first foray into the music business today with the release of a remake of St Winifred's School Choir's 80's wonder hit 'There's No One Quite Like Grandma'.
The company has reunited members of the original choir to record a new version of the song, which sold a million copies and spent two weeks at number one when first released in 1980, proceeds from which will go to its Big Knit charity.
The Innocent Big Knit Choir, whose members are now aged in their late 30s, counts a police detective, HR consultant and mortgage advisor among its ranks.
To mark the launch of the single, released today via iTunes, 14 members of the original choir are braving the rain for a live performance of the song in the bandstand in London's Regent's Park at 10.30 this morning.
The Original St Winfred's School Choir
Fleetwood Mac and Britney Spears producer Darran Bennett and former 'X Factor' vocal coach Annie Skates have both helped put the record together.
Now in its sixth year, the Big Knit campaign asks members of the public to hand-knit woollen hats for innocent Smoothies and Squeezies, and woollen warmers for innocent Veg Pots. For every woolly product sold in Sainsbury's stores, innocent and Sainsbury's give 35p to Age Concern and Help the Aged.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Junior Product Owner / Business Analyst - Mobile Digital Gurus £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, package etc, London