Football themed quit-smoking site attracts 1,500 sign-ups
LONDON - Smokefree United, a national NHS online initiative focusing on motivating football fans to quit smoking, has signed up 1,500 fans since launching six weeks ago.
Supported by a number of Premier League clubs and ex-footballers Andy Townsend and Ian Wright, the initiative encourages fans to register their details at the Smokefree United website.
Once signed up, they receive emails supporting their drive to quit smoking, as well as the chance to win prizes.
Appealing to fans' tribalism, it pits supporters of different clubs against each other in an overall "quitters" league. Manchester United fans are currently top of the table.
Seven agencies have worked on the campaign, led by integrated agency Kitcatt Nohr.
Digital activity was handled by Reading Room. Media buying was by COI via Starcom and the TalkSport partnership was managed by MEC. Iris was responsible for partnership activity with football clubs. Regional activity was handled by EMO and PR activity was managed by Blue Rubicon.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London