BR Video: Public unimpressed by politicised Jedward posters
LONDON - A Labour Party poster that casts Tory pair David Cameron and George Osbourne as Jedward, the 'X Factor' twins, is a "childish" and "pointless" ad which would not sway people to vote in Labour's favour, according to members of the public interviewed in this week's video.
Labour's internet poster was unveiled almost two weeks ago with a tagline that read "You won't be laughing if they win".
Many of those interviewed by Vox Pops International for BR Video had not even seen the original poster, and when shown the ad, said it did not achieve anything.
One man said: "Personal attacks like that don't really serve any purpose," while another lady said it was a sad reflection of "party politics today.
She said: "They need to think of more sensible ways of getting across their views. I don't think they need to stoop so low."
A few of respondents said the poster was "funny", but admitted that it would not sway them to vote Labour.
One man said: "I don't think that is serious-enough advertising to make me change my mind."
The Conservatives followed Labour's lead on Sunday night, creating a poster that featured Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling as Jedward.
The poster, created by Euro RSCG, appeared around London on digital sites on Sunday night, within five minutes of the 'X Factor' twins being voted off the ITV talent show.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London