Amazon spoofed for Buy Nothing green campaign
LONDON - Green Thing has set up a spoof website based on Amazon and commissioned testimonials from John Humphrys and We Are Scientists about the benefits of getting Nothing for Christmas.
The campaign by the green living advice group launches today in support of the UK's tenth annual Buy Nothing Day on 28 November.
It suggests "Nothing" as a sustainable product for environmentally conscious shopaholics. Nothing is on sale for £0.00 at spoof Amazon site, Amazero, which includes 918 customer reviews.
In addition, celebrities have filmed a series of short video testimonials about the appeal of Nothing. Among them are Radio 4 'Today Programme' presenter John Humphries, fashion designer Sadie Frost, and bands We Are Scientists and The Noisettes.
Green Thing has also created a retail therapist, Dr Will Powers, who the public can contact via email, text or Twitter when they feel tempted to shop for the sake of it.
Green Thing was co-founded by ad industry figures Andy Hobsbawm and Naresh Ramchandani. Hobsbawm is European chairman of Agency.com and Ramchandani, who founded Karmarama, is a consultant.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London