Amazon spoofed for Buy Nothing green campaign
LONDON - Green Thing has set up a spoof website based on Amazon and commissioned testimonials from John Humphrys and We Are Scientists about the benefits of getting Nothing for Christmas.
The campaign by the green living advice group launches today in support of the UK's tenth annual Buy Nothing Day on 28 November.
It suggests "Nothing" as a sustainable product for environmentally conscious shopaholics. Nothing is on sale for £0.00 at spoof Amazon site, Amazero, which includes 918 customer reviews.
In addition, celebrities have filmed a series of short video testimonials about the appeal of Nothing. Among them are Radio 4 'Today Programme' presenter John Humphries, fashion designer Sadie Frost, and bands We Are Scientists and The Noisettes.
Green Thing has also created a retail therapist, Dr Will Powers, who the public can contact via email, text or Twitter when they feel tempted to shop for the sake of it.
Green Thing was co-founded by ad industry figures Andy Hobsbawm and Naresh Ramchandani. Hobsbawm is European chairman of Agency.com and Ramchandani, who founded Karmarama, is a consultant.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Producer - Commercial Projects Premier Media Up to £35,000, London
- Quantitative Researchers Lipton Fleming £20000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, London
- Qualitative Researchers Lipton Fleming £20000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Audience Insight Executive - Publishing Lipton Fleming £25000 per annum + benefits, London