GameSpot to track UK gaming market
LONDON - Insight in to the habits and tastes of UK gamers will be made available to marketers for the first time via a new survey published by gaming website GameSpot.
The information on the £3.8bn UK gaming market will be published via GameSpot Trax UK, a local version of the global survey it launched in the US in 2003. It can be accessed by subscribers online.
It follows the behaviour of more than 4.5 million UK gamers and is claimed to be the first time UK-specific data on the market has been made available.
The tool monitors daily how UK gamers are responding to gaming products and brands. It benchmarks them against their competitors at each of the five major stages of the buying cycle - awareness, consideration, trial, purchase, and post-purchase engagement or feedback.
GameSpot, which is part of the CBS Interactive-owned CNet network of websites, said it would let games publishers follow their own success and their competitors' activities, including ad and PR campaigns.
Julian Childs, UK commercial director at CBS Interactive, said: "GameSpot Trax UK provides a whole new level of intelligence on the true dynamics of the UK video games market, and gives unique insight into future sales performance."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Account Manager - Geneva Gabriele Skelton £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Marketing Assistant Haymarket Media Group £Competitive, Teddington, Greater London
- Digital Advertising Operations Executive Salt £22000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Project Manager- global consumer brand design agency Gabriele Skelton £28000 - £32000 per annum, London