M&C Saatchi tops list of best newspaper ad nominations
LONDON - M&C Saatchi's newspaper ads have been nominated for more Annas (Awards for National Newspaper Advertising) than any other agency, including three for its recent HP Sauce campaign, pushing it to the top of the league table in the run up to this year's event.
Saatchi was beaten to the title of the best newspaper ad in October by Krow's defaced pin-up execution for Fiat, which urged readers to forget that the Fiat 500 is a great looking piece of design and to concentrate on the many features within.
Leon Jaume, judge of the Awards for National Newspaper Advertising and executive creative director at WCRS, said that it was brave for Fiat to deface its own pin-up.
Jaume said: "It's a bold move, and because car ads are generally prone to be turgid, air-brushed and self-important it works very well."
At the same time as revealing the October winner, the Annas revealed the most nominated agencies of the past 12 months.
M&C Saatchi's six nominations make it the lead agency in the run up to this year's Annas, with October's eight nominated ads completing the list.
The full line-up includes 68 ads from 29 agencies, with the winners due to be revealed at the event on 27 January, 2010.
The full list of the most nominated agencies:
|Agency||No. of nominations|
|Wieden + Kennedy||5|
|Bartle Bogle Hegarty||4|
|Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy||4|
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London