Stella Artois uses augmented reality in Christmas card campaign
LONDON - Stella Artois is banking that a combination of environmental awareness and a fascination with new technology will help spread its latest viral marketing effort, an augmented reality Christmas e-card.
Stella Artois says the aim of the 'Send a Card, Save a Tree' campaign is to secure the future of a million rainforest trees before Christmas day. To achieve this, Stella Artois says users will need to send its Christmas e-card one million times.
The card has been created by Bright Spark Digital, and uses 3D augmented reality technology to bring a Christmassy, snow covered landscape to life, complete with a glass of Stella Artois as its centrepiece. A video simulation of the card can be watched here:
For every card sent, Stella Artois will secure the future of a tree in the Atlantic Forest in Brazil, tapping in to Stella Artois' current marketing strategy that focuses on environmental concerns, including the online TV programme 'Le Recyclage de Luxe'.
Andreas Hilger, marketing director at InBev UK, said: "It's just another way Stella Artois is engaging consumers with the message that we can all take small steps to improving the environment."
The 'Send a Card, Save a Tree' campaign will be supported with TV, digital and out-of-home advertising throughout December, as well as special Christmas packaging in-store.
Stella Artois has also installed a Christmas tree at Winter Wonderland in London's Hyde Park. For each 100,000 cards sent, more lights will go on in the tree which can also be seen at stellaartois.com.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- account manager Twist Recruitment £25000 - £27000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Media Manager - Client side PFJ £45000 - £55000 per annum + Car allowance, London
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Middleweight Designer Dahling Ltd circa £35K + benefits, Central London
- Client Facing Project Manager Twist Recruitment £24000 - £27000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Midweight- senior Digital Project Manager Twist Recruitment £35000 - £55000 per annum + bonus, City of London