Australian crisp flavour competition pits kebab against popcorn
SYDNEY - Australian crisp brand Smith's is nearing the end of its own version of the Walkers Crisps' 'Do us a flavour' promotion, with the public set to pick a winner on Sunday from four varieties including Late Night Kebab and Buttered Popcorn.
BBQ Coat of Arms and Caesar Salad were the two other flavours put on sale for a trial period by Smith's, a subsidiary of PepsiCo, after being selected from 314,529 entries that were sent in from across Australia.
They hit the shelves on October 12, with voting open to Australian residents only.
At the close of the voting period, each flavour will be given a score — 60% will be based on sales and 40% will be based on public votes. The finalist with the highest combined total will be the 'Do us a flavour' champ.
The flavour's creator will receive a 1% share of future sales and A$30,000 (£16,782). Smith's will announce the winner in early 2010.
The Australian competition mirrors Walkers' 'Do us a flavour' promotion, which was held earlier this year in the UK.
Builder's Breakfast, which was created by Emma Rushin from Derbyshire, was chosen as the winning flavour after more than one million votes were cast.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- New Business Manager Gemini Search £45000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + car allowance, London