Telegraph introduces ads to iPhone app
LONDON - Telegraph Media Group has launched a new version of its iPhone app that carries a banner ad at the bottom of all articles as well as a 'citizen journalist' contribution feature.
The original version of the app does not serve ads but, like the new version, does carry sponsorship. Since its launch in February it has been downloaded by 300,000 people.
The new version will initially be available on iPhone and will be rolled out to BlackBerry, Android and other mobile app stores in the coming months.
The citizen journalist feature, called Report, allows users to send words and pictures directly to the Telegraph news desk - perhaps just the ticket if any undeclared duck ponds are spotted.
Other new features include increased speed, the ability to read articles when offline, weather reports based on GPS location and buttons to share articles via email, Facebook or Twitter.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Corporate Marketing Manager University of Westminster £43, 272 p.a. (incl. L.W.A.), Central London