Telegraph introduces ads to iPhone app
LONDON - Telegraph Media Group has launched a new version of its iPhone app that carries a banner ad at the bottom of all articles as well as a 'citizen journalist' contribution feature.
The original version of the app does not serve ads but, like the new version, does carry sponsorship. Since its launch in February it has been downloaded by 300,000 people.
The new version will initially be available on iPhone and will be rolled out to BlackBerry, Android and other mobile app stores in the coming months.
The citizen journalist feature, called Report, allows users to send words and pictures directly to the Telegraph news desk - perhaps just the ticket if any undeclared duck ponds are spotted.
Other new features include increased speed, the ability to read articles when offline, weather reports based on GPS location and buttons to share articles via email, Facebook or Twitter.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)