Google's real-time search to go live this week
LONDON - Google has unveiled its long awaited real-time search function, announcing that it has partnered with MySpace and FriendFeed to provide the service, along with Twitter, which signed up a few weeks ago.
Rolling out globally in English over the next few days, real-time results means users entering key words into the Google search box will see what is being said about the subject on Twitter, MySpace, FriendFeed and other social networking sites at the very moment the enquiry is being made, along with the usual Google results.
Google has made a video of what real time search will look like:
It will produce just a couple of results on the main Google page but users can also click on 'latest results' to get a full page of live tweets, blogs and other content, which will scroll down as more are added. Settings can be adjusted so that only results are delivered from a selected site.
Writing on the Google Blog, Amit Singhal, Google Fellow, said: "Our real-time search features are based on more than a dozen new search technologies that enable us to monitor more than a billion documents and process hundreds of millions of real-time changes each day.
"Of course, none of this would be possible without the support of our new partners that we're announcing today: Facebook, MySpace, FriendFeed, Jaiku and Identi.ca — along with Twitter, which we announced a few weeks ago."
Microsoft's Bing has already introduced a beta version of real time search, using Twitter.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Executive air recruitment Up to £22K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London