Play.com ties with Total Film for 10-page Christmas push
LONDON - Play.com is recreating famous movie scenes for a 10-page ad campaign running in the special "end of a decade" issue of Total Film magazine.
In a deal brokered by Target Media, Play.com's campaign will be positioned within a section of the magazine featuring the 10 most iconic Total Film covers.
Total Film, owned by Future, has produced numerous front cover specials over the past 10 years, such as 'Terminator Salvation' with flashing LED eyes and the James Bond legacy issue with 21 different images each saluting a different Bond film, as it fought for sales against Bauer Consumer Media's Empire.
As part of the campaign, the inside of each Total Film front cover recreated in the magazine will be matched with an ad for Play.com, tailored to the theme of the adjoining front cover.
The campaign will appear in the February issue of Total Film, on sale from 17 December.
James Bruce at Play.com said: "Planning the campaign with Target Media meant we were able to create a unique idea for Total Film that will connect with our passionate, DVD-buying audience in the important film sales period before Christmas."
In the latest set of ABC's, for the period January to June 2009, Total Film recorded an average circulation of 85,031, up 0.6% year on year. Empire recorded a figure of 194,016 up 3.6% on the same period last year.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Director of Strategy Factory Design Labs Depending on Qualifications, Valais