HMV hires Hughes as head of online
LONDON - HMV has appointed Sarah Hughes, Amazon's head of DVD buying, as head of online.
The role will see Hughes head up the 15-strong online content and display team within HMV, reporting to HMV marketing director Graham Sim.
Hughes was with Amazon for five years in its media department. Prior to this she held roles with media wholesaler Entertainment UK and high street retailer MVC.
HMV recently announced its online sales in the 52 weeks to April 25, 2009 were up 16%.
In September it acquired a 50% stake in the London-based MP3 store 7digital.com for £7.7m, making it the exclusive supplier of HMV's digital content.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire