HMV hires Hughes as head of online
LONDON - HMV has appointed Sarah Hughes, Amazon's head of DVD buying, as head of online.
The role will see Hughes head up the 15-strong online content and display team within HMV, reporting to HMV marketing director Graham Sim.
Hughes was with Amazon for five years in its media department. Prior to this she held roles with media wholesaler Entertainment UK and high street retailer MVC.
HMV recently announced its online sales in the 52 weeks to April 25, 2009 were up 16%.
In September it acquired a 50% stake in the London-based MP3 store 7digital.com for £7.7m, making it the exclusive supplier of HMV's digital content.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Strategic Insights Manager - Mobile Digital Gurus £40000 - £45000 per annum + healthcare, bonus, , London
- Sales and Marketing Executive (print and digital media) Publimatic Up to £35,000pa plus reasonable expenses, Bloomsbury/Holborn
- Creative Artworker Creative Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum, Uxbridge
- Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £20000 per annum, Leamington Spa