HMV hires Hughes as head of online
LONDON - HMV has appointed Sarah Hughes, Amazon's head of DVD buying, as head of online.
The role will see Hughes head up the 15-strong online content and display team within HMV, reporting to HMV marketing director Graham Sim.
Hughes was with Amazon for five years in its media department. Prior to this she held roles with media wholesaler Entertainment UK and high street retailer MVC.
HMV recently announced its online sales in the 52 weeks to April 25, 2009 were up 16%.
In September it acquired a 50% stake in the London-based MP3 store 7digital.com for £7.7m, making it the exclusive supplier of HMV's digital content.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London