Mobile Marketing Association CEO Wehrs resigns
LONDON - The Mobile Marketing Association has announced its chief executive and president Mike Wehrs is leaving the trade body at the end of the year.
MMA chairman Federico Pissani will take on the role of interim CEO until a permanent replacement can be found.
Wehrs, who has led the association for the past year, will take on the role of special advisor to the MMA Global Executive Committee until June next year. The MMA said he was planning a return to the commercial sector.
He joined the MMA in January, replacing previous CEO Laura Marriot who left in December 2008. Previously, Wehrs worked as vice-president of industry affairs and evangelism at speech and imaging specialist Nuance Communications.
During Wehrs' time as CEO of the MMA he is credited with an increase in membership and the introduction of local councils.
Pissani said: "We are disappointed to see him leave but support him in his goals to return to the commercial sector and appreciate him staying on as a special advisor for a period of time.
"Having benefited from Mike's leadership, the MMA has transformed over the past year and is finishing 2009 in a great position.
"Together with the board and our members, Mike has strengthened the global association and positioned the MMA as the world's leading trade association for mobile marketing and the source for best practices, guidelines and case studies which protect the consumer experience."
Headquartered in the United States, the association has more than 700 member companies across 40 countries, with regional chapters including North America (NA), Europe (EUR), Latin America (LATAM), Middle East & Africa (MEA) and Asia Pacific (APAC) branches.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)