GigJunkie.net and Bebo launch Tour Dates app for music fans
LONDON - GigJunkie.net, the online concert tickets and gig listings site, has joined with Bebo to launch a 'Tour Dates' application and ticket buying engine for music fans.
The Tour Dates app lets users know when their favourite bands are playing at a local location and allows fans to buy tickets.
David MacDonald, business development director Europe at Bebo, said: "The PRS reported earlier this year that concert ticket sales have grown in the region of 13%, as the industry as a whole continues to evolve and adapt to digital distribution.
"By partnering with GigJunkie we are offering our users the widest choice of legitimate ticketing merchants through one provider, while helping labels to build an ecosystem around music by allowing direct access from the profile experience.
"With our music strategy, we want to cut through the clutter and engage users with what matters most to them and on their terms."
By downloading the Tour Dates app from Bebo.com, users will automatically be entered into a competition to win £500 worth of tickets to gigs of their choice and a signed copy of Activision's DJ Hero, along with numerous other prizes.
Marc Bridgen, co-founder of GigJunkie, said: "The launch of our Tour Dates application means that devotees on Bebo need never miss out on tickets to another gig by their favourite bands or artists."
Launched in 2008, GigJunkie.net gets ticket feeds from all of the UK's primary and secondary ticket agents so fans can search for any band and venue in one listing, compare prices and buy tickets from their preferred agent.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Recruitment Genius £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £50000 per annum, Guildford