Haymarket bucks trend to take digital property into print
LONDON - Haymarket Publishing, owner of Brand Republic and Autocar, has reversed the current publishing trend to launch an annual print edition of its online-only motoring website PistonHeads.com.
'The Best Bits 2009' is on sale for £5.99 online and is also available from WHSmiths. It will be stocked in some branches of Tesco next year.
The magazine focuses on PistonHeads.com's community of self-confessed petrolheads, who come together at a number of events throughout the year. Much of the content is user-generated.
Stuart Forrest, publishing director for PistonHeads.com, said: "A print product derived largely from user-generated content is a first for Haymarket, and unusual in the wider publishing sector.
"I'd also venture that this is the first Haymarket magazine to offer useful advice on buying everything from the latest supercars to a domesticated Indian elephant."
The annual has a limited print run of only 15,000 copies.
Haymarket Publishing also publishes Autosport and What Car? magazines.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Freelancers - All Levels Source £110 - £300 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London