Haymarket bucks trend to take digital property into print
LONDON - Haymarket Publishing, owner of Brand Republic and Autocar, has reversed the current publishing trend to launch an annual print edition of its online-only motoring website PistonHeads.com.
'The Best Bits 2009' is on sale for £5.99 online and is also available from WHSmiths. It will be stocked in some branches of Tesco next year.
The magazine focuses on PistonHeads.com's community of self-confessed petrolheads, who come together at a number of events throughout the year. Much of the content is user-generated.
Stuart Forrest, publishing director for PistonHeads.com, said: "A print product derived largely from user-generated content is a first for Haymarket, and unusual in the wider publishing sector.
"I'd also venture that this is the first Haymarket magazine to offer useful advice on buying everything from the latest supercars to a domesticated Indian elephant."
The annual has a limited print run of only 15,000 copies.
Haymarket Publishing also publishes Autosport and What Car? magazines.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London