Amazon launches Kindle iPhone app for UK market
LONDON - Amazon has launched its Kindle e-reader app for the iPhone and iPod Touch in the UK.
The free app synchronises bookmarks between the iPhone and the Kindle. It was launched in the US in March but has only just been made available in the UK following the Kindle's launch to the British market.
Other features on the app include the ability to choose font sizes and the number of words per line when reading on the iPhone. Users will also be able to read books in full colour and sample opening chapters.
The Kindle has been available in the US since 2007 however its launch elsewhere was delayed by questions of how its 3G technology can be implemented in overseas markets.
In October, Amazon launched an international version of the Kindle, which works in more than 100 countries, including the UK. The cost to a UK buyer is £175 but this rises to £200 when including import duties.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham