Publicis Groupe and Renault renew longstanding ad deal
LONDON - Renault has renewed its longstanding international advertising account with Publicis Groupe for a further three years to the end of 2012.
The contract covers strategy, creative work, production and co-ordination for the entire Renault portfolio of brands - which includes the Megane and Clio cars - products and services. The existing contract ran from 2006 to 2009.
Publicis said the agreement has been enlarged from 14 countries including the UK to 28, including some where it previously handled only co-ordination, such as Russia, Ireland, South Africa and Turkey.
Paris-based Publicis and Renault, which is the biggest advertiser in France, have had a continuous working relationship in the country since 1963.
The main Renault brand is concentrated in Europe and has a presence in Asia and South America though not the US.
Renault is estimated to spend in the region of €700m (£624m) on marketing worldwide.
In late 2008 the Renault-Nissan €800m European media account moved from Carat to Omnicom Group's OMD. The carmaker exploited its strategic alliance with Japan's Nissan to consolidate their two media accounts for the first time.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London