Sky to promote Europe's first 3D TV channel with Avatar launch
LONDON - BSkyB is set to promote its 3D TV channel, Europe's first, with a nationwide 3D ad campaign launching in cinemas tomorrow alongside James Cameron's 3D film 'Avatar'.
Sky's 3D channel launches next year and will be available to customers with a Sky+ HD set-top box and a 3D-ready TV set. It will offer movies, entertainment and sport.
The six-week ad campaign, created by Sky's in-house agency Sky Creative, will run before screenings of 'Avatar' in 700 cinemas across the UK.
The ads feature the strapline '3D TV from Sky, coming soon to your existing Sky+HD box'.
Sky's campaign will also run at The O2 concert arena and at its store in London's Westfield shopping centre.
Hilary Perchard, Sky director of product management, said: "As we move towards the launch of the UK's first 3D TV services, these are our first steps in widening public awareness of the service and providing a 'seeing is believing' experience.
"As Sky's 3D TV service uses the same underlying technology as that being used in cinemas, it seemed natural to use Avatar as our first marketing platform.
"We also wanted to give consumers the opportunity to sample first hand the quality of experience we will offer next year."
Honda is also launching a cinema campaign to coincide with the release of Avatar to promote its Civic model.
Additionally, Coke Zero, Casio, McDonalds, Panasonic and LG have partnered with Twentieth Century Fox on co-promotional campaigns for the 3D film.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london