Sky to promote Europe's first 3D TV channel with Avatar launch
LONDON - BSkyB is set to promote its 3D TV channel, Europe's first, with a nationwide 3D ad campaign launching in cinemas tomorrow alongside James Cameron's 3D film 'Avatar'.
Sky's 3D channel launches next year and will be available to customers with a Sky+ HD set-top box and a 3D-ready TV set. It will offer movies, entertainment and sport.
The six-week ad campaign, created by Sky's in-house agency Sky Creative, will run before screenings of 'Avatar' in 700 cinemas across the UK.
The ads feature the strapline '3D TV from Sky, coming soon to your existing Sky+HD box'.
Sky's campaign will also run at The O2 concert arena and at its store in London's Westfield shopping centre.
Hilary Perchard, Sky director of product management, said: "As we move towards the launch of the UK's first 3D TV services, these are our first steps in widening public awareness of the service and providing a 'seeing is believing' experience.
"As Sky's 3D TV service uses the same underlying technology as that being used in cinemas, it seemed natural to use Avatar as our first marketing platform.
"We also wanted to give consumers the opportunity to sample first hand the quality of experience we will offer next year."
Honda is also launching a cinema campaign to coincide with the release of Avatar to promote its Civic model.
Additionally, Coke Zero, Casio, McDonalds, Panasonic and LG have partnered with Twentieth Century Fox on co-promotional campaigns for the 3D film.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London