Facebook offers brand consultants for Fan Pages and apps
LONDON - Facebook is to help brands get the best out of its Facebook Fan Pages and applications with the launch of a directory of consultants, as it is reported the company will hit $1bn in revenues in 2010.
The directory of consultants, called the 'Preferred Developer Consultant Program', is initially quite small with only 14 listed who have a proven track record of developing for the social networking site.
According to Facebook the directory of consultants is designed to help brands, celebrities or other organisations who are looking for the best resources to start building an application on Facebook.com, optimise a Facebook Connect integration or build a Facebook Fan Page.
The initial consultants include online retail specialist Fluid, which has worked with North Face and Calvin Klein Fragrance, Buddy Media, whose clients include American Express and Starwood Hotels, and Involver, which has racked up projects with the likes of Puma, Time Warner and Southwest Airlines.
The only London based developer to make the list is iPlatform, which has developed Facebook campaigns for ITV, Gumtree and Ministry of Sound.
Consultants not included can apply to become part of the Preferred Developer Program, but they will need to demonstrate they have built engaging Facebook apps or pages.
News of the directory of consultants comes as it is reported Facebook will hit $1bn in revenues next year, as it races ahead of its 2009 revenues of around $550m.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)