Strictly finally beats ITV1 ratings by six million viewers
LONDON - With 'X Factor' out of the way, BBC One's 'Strictly Come Dancing' waved goodbye on Saturday night with a peak audience of 11.3 million viewers watching Chris Hollins and dance partner Ola Jordan take the title, according to unofficial overnight figures.
Hollins was pitched against Hollyoaks actor Ricky Whittle and his partner Natalie Lowe, who scored higher but ultimately lost out to the BBC sports presenter and series underdog in the public vote.
The dance competition was screened live on BBC One from 6.35pm to 7.40pm followed by the results show from 8.40pm to 9.40pm in a slot that would usually face stiff competition from ITV1's 'X Factor'. A peak audience of 19.1 million tuned in to watch Joe McElderry sing his way to victory in last week's final.
Both episodes of 'Strictly' took an average audience of more than 10 million. The 6.35pm to 7.40pm episode won 10.1 million and a 41.3% share while the results show slightly pipped it with 10.3 million, a 41.9% share.
This week, in place of 'X Factor', ITV1 screened 'Take That: The Circus Live' from 6.30pm to 8pm, attracting an average audience of 3.2 million and a 13.3% share.
Take That's effort was followed on ITV1 by 'Stars on the Street' from 8pm to 9pm. The show remembered famous faces who have starred in 'Coronation Street' and attracted an average 3.6 million viewers and a 15% share.
ITV1's Saturday night movie 'Love Actually' also topped Take That with an average audience of 3.7 million. The Christmas-themed rom com was broadcast from 9pm to 11.30pm and managed an 18.8% share.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London
- Account Manager - Post Campaign Management - Ad Ops Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + bonus, London
- Regional HR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £45000 per annum + package , Leeds