Simon Cowell offers jobs to Rage Against the Machine campaigners
LONDON - Simon Cowell has reportedly offered marketing jobs at his record company to Jon and Tracy Morter, whose Facebook campaign denied his 'X Factor' single the Christmas number one spot.
According to the Daily Mirror, Cowell phoned the Essex-based couple to congratulate them on having pushed Rage Against The Machine's 17 year old song to the Christmas number one.
The song sold 502,672 copies, beating the 450,838 copies sold of 'X Factor' winner Joe McElderry's cover of Miley Cyrus's 'The Climb' and cutting short 'X Factor's four year run of seasonal chart toppers.
Cowell, who had previously hit out at the rival campaign, has now put a brave face on the situation, telling the Mirror he offered the Morters jobs at his record company.
Cowell said: "I am genuinely impressed by the campaign they have run. It has been a good campaign with no dirty tricks and without any funding.
"This is their first attempt at putting out a record and they got a Christmas number one, so they have not done badly at all.
"I wanted them to come and work for me. I was deadly serious but they haven't taken me up on the offer."
Jon Morter said of the phone conversation that Cowell was "lovely and wished us well".
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London
- Account Director - B2B & B2C to £65k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £65000 per annum, City of London