Michelin moves $43m US media from MediaCom to MEC
NEW YORK - Michelin has moved its estimated $43m US media planning and buying account from MediaCom to WPP sister agency Mediaedge:cia.
The account will switch over from 1 January, but MediaCom will retain responsibilities for Michelin North America's planning and buying in Canada and Mexico.
Mediaedge:cia already works for Michelin in 18 other markets including the UK, Europe and Asia.
Michelin North America, which includes the BFGoodrich and Uniroyal brands and the eponymous hotel and restaurant guides, expects its 2010 US media spend to be at "more aggressive" levels than its 2009 spend, according to a spokeswoman.
Nielsen spent $43m on measured media in the US in 2008, according to Nielsen.
Dave Murtaugh, director of image and brands, Michelin North America, said: "We believe MEC will bring a valuable new perspective to our media approach for the US market.
"Their capability to strategically integrate our efforts across traditional and digital media is complemented by their ability to leverage their experience with the Michelin brand in other parts of the world."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director, partnership marketing, amazing brand! The Industry Club London Ltd Up to £50k, Central London, some travel to Surrey