Michelin moves $43m US media from MediaCom to MEC
NEW YORK - Michelin has moved its estimated $43m US media planning and buying account from MediaCom to WPP sister agency Mediaedge:cia.
The account will switch over from 1 January, but MediaCom will retain responsibilities for Michelin North America's planning and buying in Canada and Mexico.
Mediaedge:cia already works for Michelin in 18 other markets including the UK, Europe and Asia.
Michelin North America, which includes the BFGoodrich and Uniroyal brands and the eponymous hotel and restaurant guides, expects its 2010 US media spend to be at "more aggressive" levels than its 2009 spend, according to a spokeswoman.
Nielsen spent $43m on measured media in the US in 2008, according to Nielsen.
Dave Murtaugh, director of image and brands, Michelin North America, said: "We believe MEC will bring a valuable new perspective to our media approach for the US market.
"Their capability to strategically integrate our efforts across traditional and digital media is complemented by their ability to leverage their experience with the Michelin brand in other parts of the world."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Middleweight Artworker become £32K, London
- International Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East
- PR and Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- International Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, South East region
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford