Kingsmill expands bread range with oat variant
LONDON - Kingsmill is launching a new range of bread called Oatilicious, made with wholegrain oats and wheat flour, with a £1.3m advertising campaign.
Kingsmill: launches Oatilicious
Introducing Oatilicious as the alternative to wheat bread gives the brand a point of difference to bigger-selling rivals Warburtons and Hovis.
Marketing investment will also include in-store activity, promotions and regional sampling in March.
The packaging includes a transparent window and a claim highlighting the cholesterol-reducing properties of oats.
Michael Harris, marketing controller at Kingsmill, said: "We are confident the launch of Kingsmill Oatilicious will be successful and are encouraged by very positive results in consumer taste testing.
"Oat-led products, combining the goodness of wholegrain oats with great taste, are already popular in other categories, but Kingsmill Oatilicious is the first branded loaf of its kind in the bread category."
The TV ads will be made by M&C Saatchi and will go on-air in mid-March.
Current activity includes a consumer PR campaign.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London