UK MD Michael Steckler quits AOL
LONDON - AOL UK and Benelux managing director Michael Steckler is leaving the company at the end of the month as the internet giant continues its colossal cost cutting initiative.
Steckler: leaving AOL
Steckler has decided to take voluntary redundancy from AOL and becomes the latest casualty as it looks to save $200m across the globe by cutting 2,500 staff members.
Kate Burns, head of European ad sales, will manage the UK business as part of her broader remit.
A spokesman for AOL said: "Michael has decided to take the opportunity to take up new challenges outside of AOL and elected to go for personal reasons. We wish him all the best."
Steckler has been at the business since July 2007, having joined as vice president of interactive marketing and interim MD before being appointed permanent MD two months later following the departure of Andy Jonesco, who left to join Sky.
Previously he was business planning and development director for the EMEA region at the Microsoft Online Services Group within MSN. Prior to this he spent four years as head of agency sales at Clear Channel International.
Earlier today Brand Republic reported AOL advertising’s sales director Sarah Perry is leaving the business and will take voluntary redundancy at the end of the month.
Last year AOL offered its 6,900 members of staff across the globe voluntary redundancy but its target of cutting 2,500 was not met with only 1,100 taking up the offer.
It is currently in the process of making further 1,200 forced job cuts. It has also closed down offices in Sweden and Spain.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London