Wallpaper City Guide publisher launches iPhone apps
LONDON - Phaidon, the book publisher, has launched iPhone applications for its Wallpaper City Guide series as it looks to boost revenues and extend its brand.
Wallpaper: launches city guide iPhone app
Phaidon has launched iPhone apps covering Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, Milan, Rome and Tokyo.
The apps, simultaneously launched in the UK and US, are priced at £2.39 in the UK.
In an effort to lure in customers, Phaidon is offering the Berlin city guide to download for free.
Phaidon believes that its simplicity of use will drive take-up of the range, saying that with one touch "travellers will be able to tap through to landmarks and hotels".
The Wallpaper City Guides are a joint venture between Wallpaper magazine's publisher IPC, which contributes editorial resources, and Phaidon.
The series was launched in 2006 and now covers more than 80 cities across the world.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing Executive Stopgap £90 - £100 per day, South West England
- Paid Search Manager Â– Leading Automotive Client-Up to £37k SYLEX Recruitment £27000 - £37000 per annum, London
- Creative Director Creative Recruitment £70000 - £90000 per annum, London
- Designer createselect Up to £35K pa, depending on experience, West London
- Technical Project Manager/Architect Red Sofa London £300.00 - £350.00 per day, London