Simon Cowell reveals plans for Haiti charity single
LONDON - Simon Cowell has announced that he is to release a charity single to help raise money for the victims of the Haiti earthquake.
Cowell: plans charity single for Haiti
Speaking last night (20 January) at the National Television Awards, the music producer and TV executive revealed that he has received an approach from prime minister Gordon Brown and The Sun newspaper to help raise funds for the stricken country, and is aiming to put together a Band Aid-style single, imminently.
Stars rumoured to be appearing on the record include Cowell's Syco label signings Leona Lewis and Susan Boyle, as well as Cowell's 'X Factor' co-star, Cheryl Cole.
It has also been suggested that Gordon Brown has agreed to waive the VAT on all sales of the single, in an effort to maximise the money raised.
Haiti was left devastated last week when an earthquake measuring 7.0 on the Richter scale struck, killing an estimated 200,000 people and leaving a further two million homeless.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Account Director - Media Agency; £50k + Bens Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + First Class Benefits!, London
- Senior Digital Sales Manager, premium media owner Ultimate Asset £38000 - £48000 per annum + +uncapped comm, London
- Senior Digital Account Manager: Film Client £45k Ultimate Asset £40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Head of Agency Sales Ultimate Asset £60000 - £65000 per annum + +comm, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER @ BOUTIQUE MEDIA AGENCY - £40k! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + benefits, London
- Major DSP, Dutch Country Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + + £35k comm, London