Simon Cowell reveals plans for Haiti charity single
LONDON - Simon Cowell has announced that he is to release a charity single to help raise money for the victims of the Haiti earthquake.
Cowell: plans charity single for Haiti
Speaking last night (20 January) at the National Television Awards, the music producer and TV executive revealed that he has received an approach from prime minister Gordon Brown and The Sun newspaper to help raise funds for the stricken country, and is aiming to put together a Band Aid-style single, imminently.
Stars rumoured to be appearing on the record include Cowell's Syco label signings Leona Lewis and Susan Boyle, as well as Cowell's 'X Factor' co-star, Cheryl Cole.
It has also been suggested that Gordon Brown has agreed to waive the VAT on all sales of the single, in an effort to maximise the money raised.
Haiti was left devastated last week when an earthquake measuring 7.0 on the Richter scale struck, killing an estimated 200,000 people and leaving a further two million homeless.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire