Global Radio marks one million downloads with new apps
LONDON - Global Radio, the UK's largest commercial radio group, has reported a million downloads for its radio station apps since its first launch in November 2008.
Capital Radio: mobile phone app
The group, which is home to some of the country's most popular DJs, including Jamie Theakston, Harriet Scott, Nick Ferrari and Emma Bunton, is marking passing the million mark by launching updated versions of its apps, starting with 95.8 Capital FM.
The updated apps have improved audio quality and wider availability across platforms, and are being released for Android and Nokia mobile phones for the first time, including Google's new Nexus One phone.
The applications allow people to listen live to programmes on their phones. There is also a "slideshow" of content from the radio station available, with features such as "playing now" information, news headlines, competitions and offers.
Richard Park, Global Radio group executive director and director of broadcasting said: "Passing the million mark in application downloads is a great achievement for us, and demonstrates the increasing popularity of listening to radio 'on the go'."
Boosted by the acquisitions of Chrysalis Radio in July 2007 and GCap Media in June 2008, and led by chief executive Stephen Miron, Global Radio's portfolio of stations includes Heart, Capital, Choice, Galaxy, LBC and Xfm.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London