VisitBritain ties with British Airways and EasyJet to promote UK cities
LONDON - National tourism body VisitBritain is partnering with airline brands British Airways and EasyJet to encourage visitors to travel to cities across the country.
VisitBritain: collaborates with BA and EasyJet
As part of the tie-up, British Airways and EasyJet will offer discount flights to 10 cities in the UK from 12 European countries. The cities include Cardiff, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London, Birmingham, Bristol, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle and Oxford.
The campaign microsite, www.visitbritain.fi/cities, will depict two contrasting selling points of each city. For instance, Glasgow will be promoted with the line "trend-setting vs traditional", highlighting the Scottish city's style credentials as well as its historical attractions.
Laurence Bresh, marketing director at VisitBritain, said: "The 'Cities Campaign' will not only help make visitors' money go further but it raises awareness of 10 key cities around Britain which offer great value for money."
Willie Walsh, British Airways chief executive, said: "British Airways is in a perfect position to send out the message that the 'Cities Campaign' arrives at a good time for tourists, with the value of the pound sterling still low."
Last year, a Department of Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) report recommended VisitBritain should act as a co-operative agency supporting the five brands of Britain, England, London, Scotland and Wales.
The VisitBritain brand will increasingly focus its activity in long-haul markets where there is less awareness of the constituent parts of the UK, such as Brazil and China.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London