Jonny Wilkinson to guest edit Sport magazine
LONDON - England rugby star Jonny Wilkinson is guest editing next week's edition of free weekly title Sport, ahead of the start of the Six Nations rugby union tournament.
Jonny Wilkinson: guest editing Six Nations edition of Sport
The issue is out on Friday 5 February, the day before the championship begins, and in it Wilkinson reveals his own sporting heroes, which include Boris Becker.
A global brand ambassador for Gillette, he wears a t-shirt with the shaving brand's logo on the Sport front cover. Gillette is also running ads in the guest-edited title.
Wilkinson provides a team-by-team analysis of the Six Nations. and chooses players to watch from each side.
On a more personal note, he lists his favourite films, which include 'Napoleon Dynamite', and cites the iPod as one of his favourite gadgets.
The sportsman, who now plays club rugby for French team Toulon, worked closely with Sport deputy editor Tony Hodson to provide the content.
Wilkinson said: "When I was asked to guest-edit Sport ahead of this year's Six Nations, I was honoured, but a little apprehensive.
"I've done many interviews over the course of my career, but it seems a difficult skill to turn sports previews and opinion into an engaging read. However, I worked hard with the team at Sport to try and produce a magazine that was exactly that."
Sport editor-in-chief Simon Caney, said: "As the man who kicked the drop goal that won England the World Cup, Wilkinson is a hero not only to the team at Sport, but to all sports fans throughout the country. But beyond that, he is an engaging and fascinating character who can provide a unique insight into a famous old tournament."
Wilkinson is also a brand ambassador for Travelex and men's clothing brand Hackett. He is currently appearing in O2's ad, promoting its 3D screenings of England's Six Nations matches created by VCCP, and has appeared in several Adidas campaigns.
Former England player Lawrence Dallaglio guest edited the previous Six Nations edition of Sport.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Head Of Brand And Comms Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Freelance Technical PM - Award-winning agency - £300 a day - SW London Digital Gurus Negotiable, SW London
- Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £35,000 + LW allowance , West of London
- Freelance Project Manager Digital Gurus £200 - £250 Per Day, London