Nokia app store passes one million downloads a day mark
LONDON - Nokia's Ovi application store is now attracting one million downloads a day around the world, the company has claimed.
Nokia: Ovi app store attracting a million downloads a day
The store was launched in May last year, allowing the handset manufacturer to join the progress in apps being made by rivals such as Apple and by Google's open source Android platform. Ovi Apps include Ovi Maps, as well as business tools and games.
In addition, five million Ovi Mail accounts have been activated since late 2008. Ovi Mail is a free email service aimed at users in emerging countries who do not have access to computers.
The statistics were contained in Nokia's fourth quarter 2009 earnings release, which shows the Finnish handset maker sold 126.9 mobile devices, up 12% year on year.
Net sales fell 5.3% to €11.98bn and operating profit rose 131.9% to €1.14bn.
Read more on Brand Republic
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Creative Services Manager Major Players £35 - £45 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Food Packaging Designer Creative Recruitment £180 - £200 per day, London (West), London (Greater)
- account manager > GLOBAL FMCG collectivo £25k-£30k + bens, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager | Recruitment Nu Creative Talent £35000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager - great agency N Manchester Perfect Marketing People To £42k, Bury, Greater Manchester / Huddersfield, West Yorkshire / Manchester, Greater Manchester / Oldham...