Zavvi.com launches Mega Monday weekly sale day
LONDON - Zavvi.com, owned by The Hut Group, has launched a sale day called Mega Monday, which will run every week.
Zavvi: launches Mega Monday
Zavvi is offering up to 80% off the RRP of a selection of bestselling DVDs, CDs and books. With The Hut Group reporting record sales during the festive period, the company hopes to capitalise on increasing consumer demand with the activity.
Richard Chapple, commercial director at The Hut Group, said: "Mondays are always the busiest day for online shopping, and we hope the new Mega Monday deals will prove popular for online shoppers.
"In the recession, when every penny counts, we listen to what customers want to see featured and act on what they tell us."
Last month Chapple said the company was keen to connect with a wider customer base and indicated he was considering a range of options, from pop-up stores to bigger permanent outlets.
In the six weeks to Christmas 2009 The Hut Group witnessed a 188% rise in the number of orders compared with 2008.
Zavvi went into administration in December 2008 and its stores were closed by February 2009. The following month The Hut Group acquired the retailer and relaunched it as an online brand.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London
- Ad Ops Executive Dot-Gap £22k, Central London