Zavvi.com launches Mega Monday weekly sale day
LONDON - Zavvi.com, owned by The Hut Group, has launched a sale day called Mega Monday, which will run every week.
Zavvi: launches Mega Monday
Zavvi is offering up to 80% off the RRP of a selection of bestselling DVDs, CDs and books. With The Hut Group reporting record sales during the festive period, the company hopes to capitalise on increasing consumer demand with the activity.
Richard Chapple, commercial director at The Hut Group, said: "Mondays are always the busiest day for online shopping, and we hope the new Mega Monday deals will prove popular for online shoppers.
"In the recession, when every penny counts, we listen to what customers want to see featured and act on what they tell us."
Last month Chapple said the company was keen to connect with a wider customer base and indicated he was considering a range of options, from pop-up stores to bigger permanent outlets.
In the six weeks to Christmas 2009 The Hut Group witnessed a 188% rise in the number of orders compared with 2008.
Zavvi went into administration in December 2008 and its stores were closed by February 2009. The following month The Hut Group acquired the retailer and relaunched it as an online brand.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Marketing Assistant, up to £25k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic Benefits, Teddington