Zavvi.com launches Mega Monday weekly sale day
LONDON - Zavvi.com, owned by The Hut Group, has launched a sale day called Mega Monday, which will run every week.
Zavvi: launches Mega Monday
Zavvi is offering up to 80% off the RRP of a selection of bestselling DVDs, CDs and books. With The Hut Group reporting record sales during the festive period, the company hopes to capitalise on increasing consumer demand with the activity.
Richard Chapple, commercial director at The Hut Group, said: "Mondays are always the busiest day for online shopping, and we hope the new Mega Monday deals will prove popular for online shoppers.
"In the recession, when every penny counts, we listen to what customers want to see featured and act on what they tell us."
Last month Chapple said the company was keen to connect with a wider customer base and indicated he was considering a range of options, from pop-up stores to bigger permanent outlets.
In the six weeks to Christmas 2009 The Hut Group witnessed a 188% rise in the number of orders compared with 2008.
Zavvi went into administration in December 2008 and its stores were closed by February 2009. The following month The Hut Group acquired the retailer and relaunched it as an online brand.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham