Zavvi.com launches Mega Monday weekly sale day
LONDON - Zavvi.com, owned by The Hut Group, has launched a sale day called Mega Monday, which will run every week.
Zavvi: launches Mega Monday
Zavvi is offering up to 80% off the RRP of a selection of bestselling DVDs, CDs and books. With The Hut Group reporting record sales during the festive period, the company hopes to capitalise on increasing consumer demand with the activity.
Richard Chapple, commercial director at The Hut Group, said: "Mondays are always the busiest day for online shopping, and we hope the new Mega Monday deals will prove popular for online shoppers.
"In the recession, when every penny counts, we listen to what customers want to see featured and act on what they tell us."
Last month Chapple said the company was keen to connect with a wider customer base and indicated he was considering a range of options, from pop-up stores to bigger permanent outlets.
In the six weeks to Christmas 2009 The Hut Group witnessed a 188% rise in the number of orders compared with 2008.
Zavvi went into administration in December 2008 and its stores were closed by February 2009. The following month The Hut Group acquired the retailer and relaunched it as an online brand.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London