Labour tugs at voters' heartstrings in latest online campaign
LONDON - The government is placing cancer treatment through the NHS at the heart of an online campaign to outline its latest health initiative.
Online strategy: Labour campaign targets David Cameron
The ‘Target Cancer' campaign launched today (9 February) by health secretary Andy Burnham and Labour's general election co-ordinator Douglas Alexander, outlines the government's plans to save up to 10,000 lives.
As part of its election campaign, Labour has pledged to create a new NHS guarantee of cancer diagnosis within a week of GP referral. The guarantee would mean patients being tested and given their results within a week.
In addition, the government has also launched a stinging attack on the Conservatives, as the opposition remains ahead in the polls.
The anti-Conservative campaign, called 'CameraON/CameraOFF', challenges Conservative leader David Cameron's commitment to the NHS and presents him as two-faced.
The public will be driven to voteNHS.com, where they will be asked to register. Users will be able to see patients' testimonials, as well as a map of waiting lists in their area. Users of the site are also encouraged to Tweet the Labour message or post the homepage on their Facebook page.
Earlier this month, Labour joined the Conservatives in proposing advertising cuts, as the Treasury ordered Whitehall departments to cut their marketing budgets by 25% within two years.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Staffing Manager - Experiential division - Integrated London agency - £24k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £24k, West London