Philips promotes home cinema range with online film premiere
LONDON - Philips is to premiere five short films commissioned from Ridley Scott Associates on a special online media player that recreates the effect of its Ambilight TV technology.
El Secreto de Mateo: part of the Parallel Lines short films presented by Philips Cinema
The follow-up project to the Cannes Grand Prix-winning 'Carousel' film is called 'Parallel Lines' and centres on the release of the films on the Philips website on 8 April.
The TV manufacturer and its agencies are using a Facebook fan page to promote the premiere across the world, with different countries able to choose from a menu of local supporting activity.
In the UK this will consist of special screening events and ambient activity around the launch.
In 10 other countries including France and Germany Philips has bought a Facebook "reach block" on 7 April, meaning all users will see a 'Parallel Lines' trailer on their personal homepage.
The following day the YouTube homepage in seven of the 10 countries will carry ads directing consumers to a Philips Cinema channel where they can watch a trailer in HD quality on the Philips Ambiplayer which recreates the effect of the Ambilight technology.
While 'Carousel' promoted the Philips Cinema 21:9 TV, the new 'Parallel Lines' project promotes Philips wider home cinema range.
Philips started the project by asking RSA's directors to submit treatments for a short film in a genre of their choice. It received 45 treatments and picked five, which were shot on location in Uruguay, London, Moscow, China and South Africa.
Philips' agency team includes DDB, Tribal DDB, Unit 9, Carat and consumer PR agency Ketchum Pleon.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London