YouTube to stream live coverage of Tiger Woods' press conference
LONDON - YouTube has announced it will stream live this afternoon's press conference by Tiger Woods, which will see the golfer speak publicly for the first time since he admitted to marital infidelity in December.
Tiger Woods: stars in Gillette ad
Woods, who is currently taking an indefinite break from golf, will address a small press conference in Florida at 4pm UK time, with golf fans eager for any news on when he plans on returning to the game.
The conference will be shown live on numerous television stations, but will also now be streamed live on YouTube's news and politics channel, www.youtube.com/citizentube.
Users are being urged to tune in promptly for the conference, as Woods is expected to make only a very short statement, and will not take any questions from journalists.
Some members of the press have criticised the way the conference is being conducted and, earlier this week, the Golf Writers Association of America announced that it would be boycotting the event, because of all the ground rules that have been put in place.
Woods lost a number of lucrative sponsorship deals when news of his infidelity broke last year. The global consultancy firm Accenture dropped the golfer from its advertising campaigns, while Gillette announced it would be "limiting" Woods' role in its global campaigns.
Google-owned YouTube made a major step into sports broadcasting last month (as reported exclusively by Marketing) by securing the rights to show live Indian Premier League cricket matches in every country apart from the US.
The Woods event is likely to increase YouTube's profile around the world, given the level of interest in his personal and professional life.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East