UBM acquires Game Advertising Online
LONDON - United Business Media (UBM) has acquired banner advertising agency Game Advertising Online (GAO) in a deal worth up to $8m.
The media business has initially paid $1m for GAO but will pay up to an additional $7m based on performance. GAO is expected to generate revenue of approximately $4m in the 12 months to March 2010.
GAO will sit under United's existing game developer group portfolio, TechWeb, as it looks to boost its business with online game publishers and with consumer online game websites.
Founded in 2006, the banner advertising agency uses a self-service, auction-based system and places in-game and banner advertising on leading gaming websites using cost-per-click and cost-per-acquisition business models.
With access to 50 million unique users GAO delivers over two billion ad impressions per month through a worldwide network of casual, browser-based and mainstream gaming websites, as well as game community networking sites.
Tony Uphoff, chief executive officer of UBM TechWeb said: "GAO provides us with both revenue growth potential and a new business model."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London