Yahoo! integrates real-time Twitter feeds
LONDON - Yahoo! has integrated real-time Twitter feeds in its search listings and other content as it looks to expand users' social media experiences.
Yahoo!: integrating real-time Twitter feeds into its content
From today (24 February), users will be able to experience real-time Twitter feeds in Yahoo! search. Real-time public tweets will also be visible on Yahoo!'s media properties including news, finance and entertainment.
As part of a deeper integration with Twitter, Yahoo! ID users will be able to access tweets while they are using Yahoo!'s mail and sports sites. Users will also be able log on to update their Twitter, as well as their Facebook status, via Yahoo!.
Yahoo!'s integration of Twitter aims to run deeper than the deal Twitter struck with rivals Google and Microsoft at the end of last year, to launch real-time feeds on their search engines.
Bryan Lamkin, Yahoo! senior vice-president consumer products group, said: "We're turning the key to the online social universe. You will find the most personally relevant experiences through Yahoo! We're also simplifying people's lives by bringing their social worlds – and the world – together for easy access."
More on Brand Republic blogs
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London
- Brand / Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Salaries from £40K - £85K, Central London