Yahoo! integrates real-time Twitter feeds
LONDON - Yahoo! has integrated real-time Twitter feeds in its search listings and other content as it looks to expand users' social media experiences.
Yahoo!: integrating real-time Twitter feeds into its content
From today (24 February), users will be able to experience real-time Twitter feeds in Yahoo! search. Real-time public tweets will also be visible on Yahoo!'s media properties including news, finance and entertainment.
As part of a deeper integration with Twitter, Yahoo! ID users will be able to access tweets while they are using Yahoo!'s mail and sports sites. Users will also be able log on to update their Twitter, as well as their Facebook status, via Yahoo!.
Yahoo!'s integration of Twitter aims to run deeper than the deal Twitter struck with rivals Google and Microsoft at the end of last year, to launch real-time feeds on their search engines.
Bryan Lamkin, Yahoo! senior vice-president consumer products group, said: "We're turning the key to the online social universe. You will find the most personally relevant experiences through Yahoo! We're also simplifying people's lives by bringing their social worlds – and the world – together for easy access."
More on Brand Republic blogs
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Director - Pharmaceutical Mustard Jobs up to £60,000 doe, Central London
- New Business Director - Agency Brand Recruitment £60000 per annum + bonus, Milton Keynes
- Creative Consultant Network Career Consultants £60000 - £80000 per annum, London