Digital Britain's Lord Carter resurfaces at Alcatel-Lucent
LONDON - Lord Stephen Carter, the former Ofcom chief and architect of the government's Digital Britain report last June, has resurfaced in a lead marketing and strategy role for global telecommunications infrastructure giant Alcatel-Lucent.
Lord Carter: former Ofcom head joins Alcatel-Lucent
In his new role as chief marketing, strategy and communication officer, Lord Carter will be responsible for helping develop Alcatel-Lucent’s marketing in the 130 countries it already operates in, while looking to maximise the services it provides for its telecoms clients, which include BT and AT&T.
He will be based in Paris from 19 April.
A spokesman for Alcatel-Lucent said: "The idea is to take advantage of his wealth of experience, particularly in the telecommunications sector, and for him to act as a strategic adviser to the company, extracting value out of all the teams".
Lord Carter was the first chief executive of regulatory body Ofcom and is a former managing director of NTL UK & Ireland, and chief executive of advertising agency JWT.
Carter said: "Alcatel-Lucent is a company on the move, in a sector experiencing rapid change, with leadership committed to meeting that change head on". He added, "I am delighted to be joining Ben Verwaayen's team and the Alcatel-Lucent company".
He is the latest addition to Alcatel-Lucent's management team that includes former BT boss Verwaayen as chief executive, and former Lagardère leader Philippe Camus as chairman.
Alcatel-Lucent's roots incorporate two early pioneering companies – La Compagnie Générale d'Electricité (CGE) and the Western Electric Manufacturing Company. Last year the group reported revenues of €15.2bn.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London