Essence appoints Mark Griffiths to new creative role
LONDON - Essence has appointed Mark Griffiths to the newly created role of creative director, following recent new business wins.
Mark Griffiths: appointed creative director at Essence
Griffiths, formerly creative director at Dubz.tv, will report to creative head Martín Blinder. The appointment follows the expansion of the creative team as the result of new business wins, including Expedia.
The online travel company hired Essence earlier this month for its pan-European digital creative and media planning and buying account, as part of a consolidation of its agency arrangements across 12 European markets.
The agency won the account after a pitch against three undisclosed agencies and will handle the online travel company's partnership, display, social media and mobile activity across Europe.
At the end of 2009, Holiday Cottages Group appointed the digital agency alongside Efficient Frontier to handle a joint digital marketing brief in 2010, following a pitch. The holiday cottage rental agency said it would spend more than £8m during 2010.
Griffiths brings 12 years' experience in the digital sector, having previously held roles at Agency.com, Lida/M&C Saatchi, WCRS, Randommedia and StrawberryFrog. During this time, he developed digital campaigns for brands such as British Airways, BMW, Vodafone, Mini and Persil.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Freelancers - All Levels Source £110 - £300 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London