Google delays Nexus One UK launch
LONDON - Google is reported to have delayed the launch of its Nexus One mobile phone in the UK until the middle of April.
Nexus One: Google delays UK launch
The phone was initially expected to be available in the UK this month, following its January launch in the US.
Google declined to comment on a report in The Observer that said the UK launch has been delayed because of customer service issues in the US.
In a statement the company said its plans were "in line with our statement in January that we would launch in spring 2010".
In the US Google at first relied solely on email to provide customer support for the Nexus One, which is only sold online. However, it was forced to introduce telephone support amid criticism from buyers.
Last week Goldman Sachs cut its prediction of 3.5 million Nexus One sales this year to just one million.
UK customers will be able to buy the Nexus One either Sim-free or on a monthly contract from Vodafone, which is not providing any marketing support for the handset or selling it in its stores.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Paid Social Manager - Leading Media Agency - Biddable Media Ultimate Asset £28000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Freelance Planner - FMCG, Pitches & Government Business Speckled Frog £250-£300 daily rate, possibly negotiable, dependent on experience, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London