Google delays Nexus One UK launch
LONDON - Google is reported to have delayed the launch of its Nexus One mobile phone in the UK until the middle of April.
Nexus One: Google delays UK launch
The phone was initially expected to be available in the UK this month, following its January launch in the US.
Google declined to comment on a report in The Observer that said the UK launch has been delayed because of customer service issues in the US.
In a statement the company said its plans were "in line with our statement in January that we would launch in spring 2010".
In the US Google at first relied solely on email to provide customer support for the Nexus One, which is only sold online. However, it was forced to introduce telephone support amid criticism from buyers.
Last week Goldman Sachs cut its prediction of 3.5 million Nexus One sales this year to just one million.
UK customers will be able to buy the Nexus One either Sim-free or on a monthly contract from Vodafone, which is not providing any marketing support for the handset or selling it in its stores.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London