BR Video: Public tempted by 3D TV
LONDON - As TV manufacturers such as Samsung prepare to unleash 3D models, the latest BR Video shows most of the people interviewed would buy a 3D TV although some are still sceptical about the technology.
Asked whether they had ever watched a 3D film, over half of those polled in the video said they had watched 'Avatar'.
Barbara, a 64 year-old admin manager said 3D films made people feel like they were in the film and were "brilliant", while 39 year-old postal worker Greg dismissed the 3D experience as a novelty.
Richard, a 41 year-old development manager, said while 3D was a good idea it won’t catch on "because you have to get past the glasses. It's a barrier physically with the glasses and while it's good for a laugh it's not really the way forward until you get 3D TVs".
However, Richard said he would still buy a 3D TV but would wait until further down the line to get past the initial teething problems new technology normally faces and until the prices had lowered.
When asked if they would buy a 3D TV, five out of eight polled agreed they would. Colin, a 51 year-old manager, said that as a football fanatic he would be interested in watching football in 3D.
Lily, a 27 year-old commercial consultant, said she would buy a 3D TV because of the picture's superior quality and because it would enable her to become more involved with the programme.
However Thomas, a 27 year-old retail manager said he would wait until more channels became available in 3D and until then will be a little wary of spending a lot of money for only a few channels.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Product Marketing - Securities EMR £80000 - £100000 per annum, London