Twitter in homepage makeover
LONDON - Twitter has revamped its homepage, putting the focus on sharing the topics its community is collectively talking about and showcasing "top tweets".
Twitter: unveils revamped homepage
The new homepage includes trending topics that scroll across the page and are updated in real-time, to boost the user's experience of a social community.
With trending topics a popular attraction for new users, the microblogging site has redesigned the homepage to include a sample of people on Twitter, as well as the big topics being discussed, which will scroll across the top of the homepage.
Users without an account will be able to view the homepage and hover over some of these trends, which will show a description explaining why the keyword has been popular.
A Twitter blog post said its recent changes "embrace the notion that Twitter is not just for status updates anymore. It's a network where information is exchanged and consumed at a rapid clip every second of the day."
Top tweets will also be set algorithmically, to appear every few seconds. It will also highlight a random selection of suggested sources, where users will be able to hover over them to see a profile summary and their latest tweet.
Twitter will also begin trialling new ideas about how users can personalise and filter the stream of information being shared.
The blog said Twitter will continue to monitor the data on this homepage design and how its effects ripple out to other areas.
The new homepage builds on a series of changes started last year, which made search and trending topics more visible and easily accessible to everyone.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire