Twitter in homepage makeover
LONDON - Twitter has revamped its homepage, putting the focus on sharing the topics its community is collectively talking about and showcasing "top tweets".
Twitter: unveils revamped homepage
The new homepage includes trending topics that scroll across the page and are updated in real-time, to boost the user's experience of a social community.
With trending topics a popular attraction for new users, the microblogging site has redesigned the homepage to include a sample of people on Twitter, as well as the big topics being discussed, which will scroll across the top of the homepage.
Users without an account will be able to view the homepage and hover over some of these trends, which will show a description explaining why the keyword has been popular.
A Twitter blog post said its recent changes "embrace the notion that Twitter is not just for status updates anymore. It's a network where information is exchanged and consumed at a rapid clip every second of the day."
Top tweets will also be set algorithmically, to appear every few seconds. It will also highlight a random selection of suggested sources, where users will be able to hover over them to see a profile summary and their latest tweet.
Twitter will also begin trialling new ideas about how users can personalise and filter the stream of information being shared.
The blog said Twitter will continue to monitor the data on this homepage design and how its effects ripple out to other areas.
The new homepage builds on a series of changes started last year, which made search and trending topics more visible and easily accessible to everyone.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Creative Project Assistant become £20K-£24K, London