Sony Ericsson women's tennis tour launches social media site
LONDON - The Sony Ericsson WTA Tour is launching a social media site which aggregates Facebook and Twitter content from popular tennis stars such as Maria Sharapova and Venus Williams.
WTA: tennis website for superfans
The site, WTASuperFans.com, goes live today and will give tennis fans insight into the lives of players on and off the court. Tour players have five million combined followers on the internet.
Videos and images that the players attach to their social media updates through channels such as YouTube and Flickr will also appear on the SuperFans site, while players will also have the opportunity to interact with each other and tag each other in photos.
Women's tennis fans will be able to get closer to their idols more than ever before by either looking at all player updates or filtering their search by a group or individual.
Visitors to the site, created by AnalogFolk, will also be able to access live tournament events and selected tickets to the Tour can be won through a series of competitions.
Lennard Hoornik, Sony Ericsson head of global marketing, said: "For millions of tennis fans around the world, SuperFans is a service that truly delivers on our brand promise of make believe, which aims to build a fun, playful and inclusive interaction with consumers.
"SuperFans will bring audiences closer to tennis, giving them a greater access to unique fan experiences."
Viral activity focusing on the Tour players filmed during the Sony Ericsson Open will be released in late April to support the launch of the site.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London