Businesses look to mobile solutions for their sales forces
New analysis from Frost & Sullivan on European Mobile Sales Force Automation (SFA) Markets, finds that the market generated €255.5 million in 2007 and estimates this to reach €869.5 million in 2013.
The consultant concludes that the dynamics of the European mobile sales force automation (SFA) markets have never been better. Surveys indicate that a significant number of businesses are ready to invest in mobile applications and SFA ranks high amongst them.
Mobile SFA is the largest application segment after wireless e-mail in the mobile enterprise application market, notes Frost & Sullivan Industry Analyst Shomik Banerjee. Trends indicate an increase in market readiness to deploy these solutions.
Improvement in device capabilities, including memory and processing power, the rally by customers for industry standard architectures such as service oriented architecture (SOA), the use of architecture standards such as J2EE and NET paralleled by the expanding support for a vibrant partner ecosystem to offer a solution is contributing to the growth momentum in this market.
However, secure mobile access remains a concern, even as limited customer understanding and differentiation is affecting growth prospects. Besides, both customer and vendor readiness to deploy these solutions remain uncertain. Enterprises are demonstrating preference for mature products and further market development, while low adoption rates amongst early end-user adopters threaten to deter sustained expansion.
Device management and control issues are other areas that need to be addressed. Relatively low executive level support caused by the lack of effective mobility strategy poses another hurdle.
The fragmentation of mobile technology by hardware and software is a major challenge that needs to be overcome, cautions Banerjee. Mobile SFA solutions bring together a number of mature technologies, making it very difficult for a new entrant to develop brand value.
Market participants offering mature technologies that form the support base for mobile SFA need to come together to develop an ecosystem. Such strategies will enable mobile SFA to make further inroads into the market.
- European Mobile Sales Force Automation (SFA) Markets is a part of the Enterprise Communications Growth Partnership Services Programme, which also includes research in the following markets: European Wireless E-Mail Markets, European Mobile Enterprise Markets, and also North American Mobile Enterprise Markets.
Frost & Sullivan, the Global Growth Consulting Company, partners with clients to accelerate their growth. The company's Growth Partnership Services, Growth Consulting and Career Best Practices empower clients to create a growth focused culture that generates, evaluates and implements effective growth strategies. For more information about Frost & Sullivan’s Growth Partnerships, visit http://www.frost.com.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London