Most businesses not using targeted marketing
LONDON - Four fifths of global marketing operations are not fully targeted while many do not monitor how customers are interacting with their online marketing activity, claims new research.
Stuart Wheldon: Eloqua's head of client services for EMEA
The survey revealed a number of findings including that 61% of advertisers do not have an aligned sales and marketing department.
Over a third of the companies surveyed said they don’t fully monitor online interactions from customers while 80% of global businesses' marketing is not fully targeted, says the research.
But almost two out of three marketers surveyed think social media is as important as, or more important, than traditional media in generating leads.
Under half said they would not allocate more budget to CRM technologies and only 9% of marketers said social media was the marketing channel which delivered the best return of investment.
A total of 29% of those surveyed felt email marketing was the preferred platform to achieve ROI, according to the research form Eloqua, the global marketing automation group.
Stuart Wheldon, Eloqua's head of client services for EMEA, said: "Post-recession chaos is creating an opportunity for marketers who prioritize customer needs.
"It's clear that the sun has set on one-size-fits-all messaging. To appeal to customer and prospects, marketers must reach out at precisely the right time and with precisely the right offer.
"Understanding each prospect's 'digital body language' is an ideal way to ensure every customer and prospect is treated as an individual. And that is the key to long-term marketing success."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London